Equine Health Certificates and Export Papers

Discuss travel well in advance of your horse’s departure so we can prepare the relevant paperwork.

Obtaining the necessary health certificates and export documents is a crucial step when traveling abroad with your horse. As the requirements can vary between countries, it's vital to initiate this process well in advance of your horse's planned departure. For information regarding the timeline and specific requirements for your travel, please reach out to us at 902-863-3157

What are the requirements for travelling to the US? 

Before your horse's journey to the US, the United States mandates a Coggins test with negative results within the past 180 days, along with a thorough physical examination by our Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) certified veterinarians within 30 days. We will also furnish the appropriate documentation to accompany the test results. Scheduling your horse's appointment in advance guarantees they will have the necessary paperwork for a smooth border crossing into the United States.

Return to Equine Services